Over 18 years of marketing communications experience including advertising, branding, public relations, sales, and channel tools production, direct marketing, packaging, multi-media and web content development. Most recently focused on combining skills in copywriting and content strategy with web design, web development, and WordPress development. Particularly skilled in helping companies communicate clearly and concisely on the web. Able to work under tight time limits while maintaining organization, budgets, and humor.
- HTML5 / CSS 3
- Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Affinity Design
- Affinity Photo
Writer | Wild Dingo | 2011-Present
- Wrote entertaining content about traveling abroad with dogs, living abroad, nature and animals.
- Produced all photography and composite images/graphic art for content.
- Authored educational and personal stories about my recovery from Lyme disease.
- Studied and honed skills in macro photography.
- Authored and published a nature book, "Wild Distractions." Produced all photography for the book.
Web Developer & Marcom Consultant | Wild Dingo | 2001-2009
- Provided and produced communications strategy, content strategy, copywriting, graphic design and web development for clients in various industries such as healthcare, technology, and athletic sports. Sites featured rich content developed in HTML, WordPress or e-commerce.
- Developed brand initiative for new internet products.
- Researched competitive products and services for each client's communication strategy.
- Co-developed and wrote a business plan and strategies for revenue.
- Client List:
- Chiropractic First
- YogaSource Los Gatos
- YogaSource Palo Alto
Marcom Consultant | Tele Atlas North America | 2001-2002
- Successfully managed and produced eight tradeshows over a two-month period.
- Led direct marketing launch for new corporate branding initiatives that communicated new brand benefits.
Corporate Marketing Manager | SuccessFactors | 2000-2001
- Managed full-service marketing communications that included public relations, advertising, sales tools, web development, collateral, packaging, lead generation, trade shows and events.
- Implemented a new corporate brand and identity standards.
- Created and executed strategic messaging for all marketing collateral, white papers and executive summaries.
- Developed three national editorial stories that had a direct impact on sales and lead generation.
- InformationWeek November 2000
- Human Resource Executive November 2000
- Human Resource Magazine August 2000
- Developed a corporate advertising campaign, collateral system, multi-media tools and exhibit booth with new brand initiative.
- Co-wrote major human resource white paper on Workforce Optimization.
Marketing Communications Manager | Etak | 1998-2000
- Produced marketing communications projects, including packaging, print ads, brochures, data sheets and multimedia demos for consumer and business-to-business markets.
- Directed the core positioning strategy and complete Marcom launch for SkyMap, a Sony-branded digital map, and a GPS consumer product.
- Achieved 45% direct mail response rate for consumer product upgrade promotion
Advertising Project Manager | Claris Corporation | 1997-1998
- Co-developed print and Web advertising campaigns for Claris and Apple brand software.
- Project managed the launch of the national Mac OS 8 ad campaign.
- Leveraged US advertising strategies for Canada, Europe, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific marketing groups.
- Managed advertising budgets in excess of $3M.
Project Manager | Camino Healthcare 1995-1997
- Planned and developed marketing communications strategies and tactics for corporate products and services.
- Researched and analyzed target markets for direct marketing and advertising.
- Developed a cost-efficient brochure printing process that reduced production time and costs.
- Reduced production costs by 30-50% through vendor negotiations.
Marketing Specialist | The Healthcare Forum | 1993-1995
- Co-developed, planned, implemented and evaluated marketing communications strategies for the healthcare executive market.
- Developed copy for ads, news releases, brochures, sales letters, and by-lines.
- Researched and analyzed market trends, product performance and competitors.
- Successfully launched and packaged business-to-business software products and an Internet community with $1.2M in revenue.
- Co-authored by-line on healthcare network.
- Developed and trained co-workers on lead tracking and marketing strategies.
- RYT Certified Yoga Teacher, 2009
- MA Psychology & Behavior Modification, University of Hartford, 1992
- BA Psychology, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT, 1990