One Pot Pork Chops with Warm Escarole Salad - 336/365
It sure is nice to have my appetite back! For the past few years, when I had energy, I'd cook but I wouldn't always eat what I cooked because of the constant nausea brought on by the incessant antibiotics. Thanks to daily intake of bone broth and probiotics, I can now eat raw and cooked veggies again. I really hope I can manage to stay off oral antibiotics. This is the best my GI has felt in years, even before Lyme treatment. Sadly, I'm still dealing with all over body joint pain but all my other my other neurological and cognitive symptoms are at bay. So I'm still crossing my fingers that the joint pain will eventually vanish as my GI continues to improve.
Here's the recipe from Martha Stewart's One Pot cookbook:
- 4 bone in porchops 9 0z each
- 2 tbs virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 pound escarole, leaves torn
- 1 medium apple, gala, cut into match sticks
- 1 TBS freshly finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Season pork chops with 1.5 tsp salt and pepper.
- In large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add chops
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 7-8 minutes. Transfer chops to plate. Take off heat at 150, let rest they will cook to 160 off heat.
- Add chickpeas to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Work in batches. Add escarole and cook, stirring. Add more leaves as they wilt.
- Sprinkled with 1.2 tsp salt and season with pepper.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in apple and lemon zest and juice.
- Serve with chops.